Amrita Singh is a popular Indian television and film actress. She was a popular actress in the 80s and 90s and still appears in various roles in movies and TV. She maintains a low public profile and gives only a few interviews. Amrita Singh was born on February 9, 1958, in Hadali, Khushab District, Punjab, Pakistan.
He was born to a Muslim mother, Ruksana Sultana, and to a Sikh father, Shivinder Singh Virk, a military officer. Her mother was Sanjay Gandhi’s civil associate during the Indian Emergency of the 1970s. Amrita Singh is a graduate of Modern School, New Delhi, and is fluent in Punjabi, Hindi, and English.
Amrita Singh Biography
|Real Name||Amrita Singh Virk|
|Date of Birth||9-Feb-1958|
|Birth Place||Hadali, Khushab, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
Amrita Singh Height, weight, and more
|Height (approx.)||centimeters- 156 cm
meters- 1.56 m
Feet Inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 48 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
Amrita Singh was born on February 9, 1958, the daughter of Sikh Sultan Rukhsana, and the army officer Shivinda Singh. Her mother was a political ally of Sanjay Gandhi during the Indian Emergency of the 1970s and was notorious for leading Sanjay Gandhi’s sterilization campaign in the Muslim areas of old Delhi.
Through her paternal grandmother Mohinder Kaur, Amrita is the granddaughter of Sobha Singh, one of the producers of New Delhi, the granddaughter of the late novelist Khushwant Singh and the grandmother of politician Ujjal Singh. Actress Begum Para is her grandmother and her husband was Dileep Kumar’s brother Nazir Khan.
Actor Ayub Khan is her uncle (second cousin who was once removed). Singh was a childhood friend of Shah Rukh Khan. Their mothers often worked together in the old Delhi area, and Singh attended the same school as Khan’s sister Shahnaz.
Amrita Singh Qualifications
|School||Modern School, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
Singh married actor Saif Ali Khan in January 1991. Singh, who was raised as a Sikh, converted to Islam before marriage and the couple had an Islamic wedding. 12 years younger, Khan is the son of former Indian test cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, the ninth Nawab of Pataudi, and actress Sharmila Tagore and is a member of the royal family of the erstwhile Bhopal State and Pataudi State. Despite controversies, they remained married. She gave up acting after her marriage to Khan. After thirteen years of marriage, the couple divorced in 2004.
Their daughter Sara Ali Khan Pataudi was born on 12 August 1995. and son Ibrahim Ali Khan Pataudi on 5 March 2001. Sara graduated from Columbia University and their son Ibrahim Ali Khan is studying in England. Ibrahim was a child actor in the movie Tashan. Sara Ali Khan made her debut in the movie Kedarnath in 2018.
Amrita Singh net worth
|Real Name||Amrita Singh Virk|
|Amrita Singh net worth (approx)||$10 Million|
Some Facts about Amrita Singh
- Before starting acting, Amrita was a belly dancer. It is believed that Amma Amrita, a politician, was instrumental in establishing her as a heroine.
- The period 1983-1987 is considered to be the golden age of Amrita as she not only made her successful debut with Sunny Deol but also gave back-to-back hits with films like Betab (1983), Sunny (1984), and Mard (1984). ), Saheb (1985), Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986), Naam (1986), Khudgars (1987), Waris (1988).
- Post her divorce, Amrita soon returned to the acting industry with Ekta Kapoor‘s sitcom- Kavyanjali (2005), wherein she played a negative character.
- In 2004, Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh divorced. Saif is 12 years younger than Amrita.
- In another interview, Saif said that after their separation, Amrita’s custody son Ibrahim had ordered her to pay her Rs 1 lakh every month until she turned 18.
- Saif Ali Khan wrote a note wishing Amrita good luck in her life before his marriage to Kareena Kapoor.