As a homeowner decorating your abode is as exciting as being on a rollercoaster ride, it has its ups, and downs, and is filled with thrilling moments. You want to give your best shot at making your space look exquisite and welcoming at the same time. Not everyone can afford to engage an interior designer due to budget constraints, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t add a pinch of glamour to your place. Here are some practical, budget-friendly ideas that can easily transform your home without making a hole in your pocket.
- Art Attack: Yes you read that right, adding wall art is the most inexpensive way to add a breath of fresh air to your home. You can add a series of paintings along the corridor, or you can add a single large wall painting in your living room, preferably on the wall that faces the entrance. If you are on a shoestring budget, then consider making the art yourself! There are plenty of DIY videos available online, all you need is a big canvas, some colors, and a brush! A lot of people also like to frame the paintings made by their toddlers to capture and cherish these moments for a lifetime.
- Add Potted Plants: Want to add a zing to your space instantly, then add planters! Yes, the blooms indoors immediately adds the much-needed color to your otherwise drab space. It also purifies the air and has a positive impact on your mood and health. Consider getting ceramic pots as they reduce plastic usage and help in better draining of water and absorption. You can place succulents in multiple places, from the living room, dining area, kitchen, and balcony, the options are limitless.
- Introduce Books in Your Interiors: If you are an ardent reader, then it’s time that you show off your collection! If you have a bookshelf, then move it to the living room and make it the focal point. Alternatively, you can also add floating shelves at various places of your house, and let them hold your priced possession.
- Include Power Pack Décor: You don’t need to have expensive décor items to give your space a makeover. A Power-pack décor item that can punch your space is a flower vase. Get creative in selecting the material and shape of the flower vase and where you place them. A simple glass vase holding a bouquet of exotic colorful flowers placed on the center table can bring your living room alive. A rustic vase holding herb cuttings should make its way into your kitchen, and even a small bud vase with a climber on your window sill adds a new element to your space.
- Colorful Rugs: A lot of people underestimate what a rug can do to a room. Cozy, eye-catchy rugs can give your space a new look. The market is flooded with various shapes and patterns of rugs these days, we are sure you will find something that would suit your décor. We recommend you opt for colors that stand in contrast to the walls, to render a striking look to the room.
Hope the above ideas provide an excellent start to your home improvement project.