How to renewal of driving license In Delhi?
When you live in a busy city like Delhi, you find it necessary to go from point A to point B as soon as possible. And that is where transportation enters in, but while the public transport system might be tough to depend largely on, driving your own vehicles is much more convenient. However, before you do anything else, you must obtain a valid driver’s license in order to travel on Delhi’s roadways. So, how do you renew your driver’s license in Delhi or the procedure for Renewal of Driving Licence in Delhi?
If you have a license that has to be renewed, you must renew it well before the expiration date. This not only could save you from issues when driving in Delhi, but it also acts as an assurance that you are a licensed driver. If you have a driving license that has to be renewed in Delhi, follow these steps:
Renewal of Driving license in Delhi
If your driver’s license has expired, you must renew it within 30 days after the expiration date. Renewal of a driving license in Delhi can be done online or offline by following the simple application process detailed below.
Online procedure for Renewal of Driving license in Delhi
To renew your license online in Delhi, you must first complete the following steps:
Step 1: To renew your driver’s license, go to the Delhi Transport Department’s official website.
Step 2: From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Apply for Driving Licence Renewal.’
Step 3: You’ll be sent to a website that has information for submitting your application. Fill out the application or make a request for information after that.
Step 4: Upload the required documents to your website (if any).
Step 5: You may be asked to upload a photo of yourself and your signature. This step is only applicable in certain states.
Step 6: Pay the fee and check the status of your payment.
Step 7: Save and print the receipt for future reference.
Step 8: After your papers have been validated, you will be granted a new driver’s license.
Offline procedure for Renewal of Driving license in Delhi
Follow these procedures to renew your license offline:
- Step 1: Form 9 or Form 10 can be obtained from your local RTO. You may get the form on RTO’s website.
- Step 2: Fill out the form completely and attach any needed documents.
- Step 3: Make a payment for your application.
- Step 4: Schedule an appointment if the medical certificate requires any changes.
- Step 5: If you pass the exam, your driver’s license will be renewed the next day.
- Step 6: You may not be obliged to take the exam if you are under 50 years old.
In Delhi, the following documents are necessary for the renewal of a driving license:
- Application in Form No. 9
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
- A photocopy of your Expired driver’s license
- Copies of valid proof of age and residency that have been self-attested
- Self-declaration of physical fitness Form No. 1
- Fees as specified
- In the case of applicants under the age of 18, a valid medical certificate in form No. 1A is required.
For commercial license
- All of the abovementioned documents are required for a commercial vehicle license.
- Valid Medical Certificate in Form No. 1A
- In the case of heavy trucks, the driver must renew his or her training certificate.
- a single day or a brief amount of time Refresher training course for all other commercial vehicle types
The testing method for obtaining a driving license in Delhi:
A driving license test was held in Delhi in accordance with Rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The following is the test method for two, three, and four-wheelers:
The process for testing two-wheelers and three-wheelers
- In Delhi, the two-wheeler and three-wheeler tests are divided into two parts: the ground test and the road test.
- You will be required to drive along with the designated figure of ‘8’ or the ‘Straight T’ test during the ground test. This is done to see how well you can reverse and shift gears in a car.
- The purpose of the road test is to see if you follow all traffic laws and regulations when driving the vehicle.
- Your driver’s license will be provided if the motor vehicle inspector is pleased with your driving skills and understanding of traffic rules. You will have to return for the test in a week if you do not do so.
The Four-Wheelers’ Test Procedure
- In Delhi, the four-wheeler test consists of two parts: the ground test and the road test.
- You will be required to drive along a marked ‘Straight T’ line and then make a ‘U’ turn in the ground test.
- In the road test, you will be asked to drive the vehicle. Here, your knowledge about traffic rules and regulations will be tested.
- The test will be conducted in the presence of a motor vehicle inspector.
- If the motor vehicle inspector is satisfied with your driving skills and knowledge about traffic rules, then you will be issued your driving license. Otherwise, you will again have to reappear for the test.
The validity of a renewed license is shorter than that of a normal license; it is limited to a maximum of 10 years, depending on the holder’s age. Those between the ages of 30 and 50 will have their validity extended for another ten years. Those in the 50-55 age bracket, on the other hand, will only be eligible until they are 60 years old. The license will only be renewed for five years beyond the age of 55.
This was everything about how to renewal of your expired driving license in Delhi, both online and offline. As you can see, the online method is painless and straightforward. In any case, you may choose between online and offline methods based on your preferences. You prevent late fees and fines. Make sure to renew your license in a timely manner.