According to the Government of India, it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar with certain documents and financial services, making the Aadhaar card one of the most essential proofs of identity in the country.
For many financial services like opening a Demat account, online KYC is possible only when your Aadhar card is linked with your mobile number. This is because, during the online KYC process, you will receive an OTP on the mobile number linked to your Aadhar card.
How to change or link mobile number with Aadhaar card
The first step to follow is to download the mAadhaar app or log on to the official website of UIDAI and enter the pin code of your locality, through which you can locate your nearest Aadhaar center. You can also contact the helpline number 1947 to know where the nearest Aadhar center is.
How to Add a Mobile Number to Aadhaar?
There used to be an online option to enter your cellphone number in Aadhaar through SSUP. Later, this service was discontinued, and applicants would now have to visit the Aadhaar Enrollment or Update Center to enter or update their cellphone number in Aadhaar. The entire updating process takes more than 90 days. Following is the process to link your cellphone number with Aadhaar:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrollment or Update Center.
- Complete the Aadhaar Correction Form.
- Enter your current mobile number, which you want to update in your Aadhaar.
- Submit the form and assist them in biometric authentication.
- After this, the executive will give you the acknowledgment slip.
- An Update Request Number is mentioned on this slip (URN).
- The Update Request Number can be used to follow the progress of your Aadhar card update.
- You don’t need to get another Aadhar card after updating your mobile number in Aadhar.
- Once your cell phone number is linked with your Aadhaar, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTP for a variety of services.
- You can also contact UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947 to verify the status of your Aadhaar update.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details through Post
You can also get your Aadhaar details offline by sending a request through the post to UIDAI. The steps involved in this process are:
- Download “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” Online
- Fill in the required details to convert your Aadhar card.
- Get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes made in the form.
- Send the form along with self-attested documents to the following postal address:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
How to Change the DoB in Aadhaar Card
To update your date of birth as mentioned in your Aadhaar, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit Nearest Aadhar Enrollment Center
- Fill the Aadhaar update form mentioning your date of birth
- Submit the proof of date of birth along with the form
- You will need to provide your biometric to authenticate your identity
- You will now receive an acknowledgment slip containing the URN
- URN can be used to check Aadhaar update status online
- You have to pay a fee of Rs 50 to the executive
- Your date of birth will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
Verify the Mobile Number
The process to verify your Aadhaar mobile number is quick and painless. Simply follow these instructions to quickly authenticate your Aadhaar on your mobile number.
- Access the UIDAI website.
- Select the option ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ from the ‘Aadhaar Services’ drop-down menu.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number, email address, mobile phone number, and security code.
- Enter OTP.
- Select the ‘Opt Verify’ option.
- If the verification is successful, a green tick will appear.
- Credit card: Register, Technical specifications, payment, funding
- Stylish attitude names for Instagram | Popular hashtags
- National Mathematics Day
- Experience letter format
Steps to download Aadhaar Card without a registered mobile number online
- Visit the official website of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/ and go to the “My Aadhaar” section.
- Now under the drop-down list of a range of services, click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’.
- Now you will be redirected to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ where you have to click on the “Order Aadhaar PVC Card” option again.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number / 28 digit Enrollment ID and tick the box stating “My mobile number is not registered”.
- Now enter your alternate mobile number which is not linked with the Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP”.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on “Submit” button
- On the next page, you will get the preview of your Aadhar PVC card which you can download by paying Rs.50/- (inclusive of GST and Speed Post charges).
- After a successful payment, a receipt with a digital signature will be issued, which residents can download in PDF format. A 28-digit service request number will also be sent to the residents through SMS.
- UIDAI issues the printed Aadhar card to the Department of Posts, within 5 working days of receiving the application for the Aadhar PVC card from a resident. Aadhaar PVC cards of residents are sent through Speed Post service of India Post to their registered address in the Aadhaar database as per postal delivery rules.